...because tracking me by blog seems much more sensible than getting a gps inserted under the skin.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

I’m not so sure how this blog is going to go. Usually people like reading my random funny stories, and while I’ll still have them here, there are hard things too. Like today.

Most of my training for this is hands on training. But I definitely wasn’t trained or prepared for today. This morning the team who was here from Maryland left, as well as a couple people from Michigan. There were tears everywhere. I thought I would have no problem holding it together because I’m not the one leaving, but seeing the children sobbing and clinging onto people in genuine sadness just broke my hard. I couldn’t help myself. I think I cried harder than them. As the people left, the three others from Michigan and I took them upstairs to watch a movie, let them grieve, and love on them. For a while I had Joclyn on my lap. He held on to me, sobbing. I was grateful to have the other three team members with me as well as the two house moms to help comfort the children. But I have no idea what I’m going to do when they leave, and it’s just me. So calling all skype dates on Monday after the rest of the Michigan team leaves, please!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I have orientation on Monday until 1-ish, but after that we can skype if you like! :)

Irish Carter of Dedicated 2 LIFE said...

I'm keeping you in my prayers sweetie.

Aunt Lisa