...because tracking me by blog seems much more sensible than getting a gps inserted under the skin.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Introducing....


Since I'll be here for a year, writing about my life, it's only fitting you get to know the main people of my life right now. So meet Kimberly. On September 24th, she'll be 6. She has three brothers who also live at My Heart's Home: Junior, Kenly, and Elwood. When you ask these children when their birthday is, they can't answer you. They don't know it. So one of the things I get to change is to start celebrating birthdays! As I was looking at their birth certificates for their birthdays, I noticed that Kimberly and Kenly have the same birthday...they are twins. I had no idea. I couldn't even remember which three were her brothers until I looked at the birth certificates. One would think that coming into this home about a year ago, as four siblings, they would stick to each other, but there is no clear separation between these siblings and the rest of the children. The same goes for another brother/sister pair. I think it speaks volumes for how happy and comfortable the children are here at the home, that they are just as much family with the sibling who is not blood-related as with the one who is.

Kimberly is a sassypants, which is probably why I love her so much. But as much as she is, just like most of the other children, she's always willing to step in and help when needed. She also makes an excellent jope rumping partner. (I realize that I totally just messed up those words but I think it's funny so I'm going to leave it. Jump roping. Jump roping partner) I also just realized that at this point, I don't have too much to say. I know they aren't total orphans. They have living family, but who couldn't take care of them. I don't know many of their stories. But I know Kimberly has a world of promise within her, and she would probably either be living in a tent or fending for herself on the streets if she hadn't come here.

1 comment: